Data Privacy at TranslateMedia
29th January 2021
TranslateMedia is committed to keeping your data private, secure and confidential, while ensuring adequate controls in order that you can request and gain access to, modify, or request erasure of your data.
Having taken expert legal and regulatory advice from the legal and IT community as well as the Association of Translation Companies, TranslateMedia has ensured compliance and good standards and ethics regarding personal information of linguists, clients, and employees that the company works with.
Types of Data
There are seven categories of information and personal data handled by TranslateMedia:
- Employee data (includes interns) – we store name, address, date of birth, national insurance number, mobile phone number, UK bank account details.
- Applicant data – we store CVs, name, email, telephone, reference information, interview notes.
- Client data – this includes name, email address, telephone number, address, job title, industry, billing information, and IP address.
- Prospect data – this includes name, email address, telephone number, address, job title, industry, and IP address.
- Linguist/supplier data – this includes name, address, email address, CV, degree certificates, payment details (bank account information, Paypal address, etc.), work history with TranslateMedia, two references and the information they provide, optional photographs, areas of specialism and translation expertise.
- Linguist applicant data – this includes name, email address, CV, and references.
- Content for translation – personal data can be included in content for translation that TranslateMedia processes.
Each category of information and personal data is held on a defined legal basis and for specific periods of time, and have dedicated processes to store, track and delete that data.
|Data Type||What are the entry points for this type of data entering TranslateMedia’s systems?||How long is it stored for?||What is the legal basis for holding it?||What processes are used to store, track and delete data?|
|Employee data||a) Application form on TranslateMedia website
b) New starter forms
c) Appraisal forms
|Duration of employment, and for seven yrs after termination of employment.||Contractual necessity.||Secure, time-based HR record-keeping processes|
|Applicant data||a) Application form on TranslateMedia website||Three years, in case suitable role becomes available||Contractual necessity.||TranslateMedia secure IT systems|
|Client data||a) Website enquiry forms on TranslateMedia website
b) Website API registrations on TranslateMedia website) Personal data gathered through business development and account management activities, and via referrals (business cards, emails, LinkedIn, etc.) all enter into STREAM via new prospect form completed by the BDM, AM or PM
|During the time that they are an active client and for 7 years afterwards.||Contractual necessity||TranslateMedia secure IT systems|
|Prospect data||a) Website enquiry form on TranslateMedia website
b) Website API registration on TranslateMedia website) Personal data gathered through business development and account management activities, and via referrals (business cards, emails, LinkedIn, etc.) all enter into STREAM via new prospect form completed by the BDM, AM or PM
|5 years||Consent.||TranslateMedia secure IT systems|
|a) Application form on TranslateMedia website) New linguist set up form (step after application is accepted)||During the time that they are a supplier of TranslateMedia and for 7 years afterwards.||Legitimate interest.||TranslateMedia secure IT systems|
|Linguist applicant data||a) Application form on TranslateMedia website||During the time that they are a supplier of TranslateMedia and for 7 years afterwards.||Legitimate interest.||TranslateMedia secure IT systems|
|Content for translation||a) STREAM
|Duration of the time that the client is active with TranslateMedia and for 10 years afterwards.||Contractual necessity.||TranslateMedia secure IT systems|
All data types have specific defined access and responsibility roles, with both limited to the minimum required individuals within TranslateMedia, and third parties that help with the normal business operations, and who have been assessed for data security.
Strict, relevant controls on personal data inside TranslateMedia’s systems ensure that only the minimum number of required TranslateMedia personnel have access and that policies on retention are enforced.
Data Privacy Officer
TranslateMedia’s Data Privacy Officer is Matthew Train. All correspondence should be address to the UK Headquarters at 11 Carteret Street, London, SW1H 9DJ.
Data Breach Response Policy and further IT security policies are available upon request, via email@example.com.