Business Development Intern, London
This is an excellent opportunity to work as the Business Development Intern in our fast growing global translations agency, ranked Deloitte Fast 500 EMEA for three years running.
With existing offices in London, Paris, Hong Kong, Munich, – Austin and New York, our main clients are leading players in the creative, media, technology, oil & gas, life sciences, legal and financial services sectors.
As the company expands we are looking for motivated and eager to learn individuals for our office in London to work specifically for the Legal and Pharmaceutical services sectors. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual fresh out of university looking for a fast growth curve.
The qualified candidate will be taught all manner of sales techniques from lead generation, cold calling, marketing, trade shows and networking. You will be learning from an experienced sales team and learning to approach and present to upper management and C-Level decision makers in two of the largest service sectors in the world.
- Generate new business through aggressive prospecting via cold calling, researching the internet, networking and trade shows
- Identify large opportunities and develop the actions necessary to win business
- Work with Sales Management, and fellow Business Development Managers to implement sales strategies, identify opportunities, close sales, support the wider, global team and spur growth
- Educate prospects on our solutions and communicate the capabilities, benefits, and competitive advantages of working with TranslateMedia
- Prepare quotes for customers and follow up to convert quotes into projects
- Evaluate and process RFPs as necessary
- Manage and control pricing and contractual issues by developing a thorough understanding of internal protocol and procedures
- Effectively communicate project specifications to Project Account Managers
- Provide customer support; manage client expectations in conjunction with the Project Account Managers
- Maintain records of telephonic interactions, orders and accounts in CRM software
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Some previous sales experience is desirable but not essential.
- Translation & localisation industry knowledge is desirable but not essential.
- An English speaker with a proficiency in another language would be desirable but not essential.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and closing skills.
- Must be comfortable doing business over the phone, and be a confident and aggressive prospector.
- Well-organised and detail-oriented.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
The Internship lasts for a minimum of 3 month and the salary is £1,100 per calendar month. For the right candidate there is the possibility of full time employment at the end of the internship.
TranslateMedia is an award-winning translation agency with offices in London, Paris, New York, Austin, Brussels, Hong Kong and Munich. In 2012, TranslateMedia were winners in the Deloitte UK Fast 50, the Deloitte EMEA Fast 500, finalists in the International Trade Awards and featured in the London Region Shortlist of PwC’s Private Business Awards.