This is an excellent opportunity to work in our fast growing global translation company, recently ranked 9th in the Deloitte Fast 500 EMEA for 2010.
With existing offices in New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Munich, Brussels, and Austin, our main clients are leading players in the creative, media, technology, life sciences and financial services sectors. As the company expands we are looking for motivated and seasoned sales professionals for our office in Austin, Texas.
The qualified candidate will be able to generate significant revenue and commissions through aggressive outbound calling to executives and decision makers in various industries. The role is to managing territory sales pipeline, processing and closing sales per sales quota. In addition, the Business Development Manager must have the ability to approach and present to upper management and C-Level decision-makers.
- Generate new business through aggressive prospecting via cold calling, the internet, networking and trade shows
- Identify large opportunities and develop the actions necessary to win business
- Work with Sales Management, and fellow Business Development Managers to implement sales strategies, identify opportunities, close sales, motivate the team and spur growth
- Educate prospects on our solutions and communicate the capabilities, benefits, and competitive advantages of working with TranslateMedia
- Prepare quotes for customers and follow up to convert quotes into projects
- Evaluate and process RFPs as necessary
- Manage and control pricing and contractual issues by developing a thorough understanding of internal protocol and procedures
- Effectively communicate project specifications to Project Account Managers
- Provide customer support; manage client expectations in conjunction with the Project Account Managers
- Maintain records of telephonic interactions, orders and accounts in CRM software
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five to seven years sales experience required
- Translation & localisation industry experience is not required but helpful
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets
- Demonstrated sales ability in every aspect of sales lifecycle
- Ideal candidate will have established network of professionals and buyers within the industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and closing skills
- Must be comfortable doing business over the phone, and be a confident and aggressive prospector
- Well-organised and detail-oriented
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation package will include an attractive base salary plus excellent commissions and bonuses.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of US Operations and will work closely with Business Development Managers in other regions and the global production team.
To apply for this position please complete the online application form.