This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast growing global translations agency with offices in London, New York and Hong Kong.
Our clients include leading players in legal and financial sectors. As the company expands we are looking for somebody who has experience working within this area of expertise to project manage some of our key accounts.
One client in particular has large-scale daily translation requirements in several languages with very tight deadlines, and requires 24/7 coverage. This role will therefore require close collaboration with a Project Manager partner inside the TranslateMedia offices in our US as well as Asian office.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the successful candidate will be a confident linguist, with a professional attitude to service. Excellent communication skills are necessary along with the ability to cope with high pressure situations and work independently. The right candidate would have a keen eye for detail and a high level of linguistic skills.
Translatemedia is looking for a project management professional with a postgraduate qualification in translation. The candidate will be fluent in written and spoken English, as well as at least one other language, and with experience as a project manager in the translation industry. The ideal candidate will have worked within a customer service environment. Previous experience in the legal/financial sector is a must.
The role will involve taking responsibility for:
- Dedicated Project Management of one of TranslateMedia’s main legal/finacial client accounts
- Maintaining excellent relationships with both clients and translators, with regular client meetings, and offering an open and constant communication channel with the client
- Close collaborative work and partnership with the dedicated TranslateMedia Project Managers for this account in US and Asia
- Ensuring that translations are allocated and executed according to the critical path of the project, so that deliveries are on time, using proprietary workflow and project management tools
- Continuously monitoring and improving the translation teams and account setup to ensure the client is always receiving the best possible service
- Critically checking translations, and liaising with the translator and editors to resolve any queries
- Managing and monitoring quality control processes on all jobs for this client
- Ensuring that client requirements are met rapidly and discreetly at all times
- Supporting colleagues in the Production team in London wherever possible
Start date – asap
Salary – according to experience.