Fluent level in English is essential, knowledge of any other languages is an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast growing global translation agency with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Hong Kong and New York.
As the company expands we are looking for in-house editors to join our Quality Assurance team in the operations department.
We are looking for somebody who has a keen eye for detail, ideally a graduate or postgraduate. You have exceptional accuracy, attention to detail, excellent research, proofreading and IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as written and verbal communication skills. Reliable and flexible, you are comfortable working within a team whilst using your own initiative.
You can work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in translation, proofreading or revising. A good knowledge of Trados, memoQ or other CAT tools as well as translation accreditations would be additional assets.
The role will involve being responsible for the quality of translations delivered to clients. You will do this by reading and editing all translations output by the company in your native language. As an in-house editor you will be the last set of eyes ensuring that the translations are of top level quality and fit for purpose.
Other responsibilities for the role include:
- Editing and taking final QA responsibility for all TranslateMedia outputs in your native language
- Creating and maintaining terminology databases/glossaries
- Translating internal and external documents
- Reviewing past translations and determining their overall quality
- Liaising with Project Managers to understand clients’ expectations and providing them with linguistic expertise
- Maintaining procedures and processes as well as quality training translators and team members
- Participating in team meetings
A test will be performed at the interview stage.
This position is only open to university students that require an internship as part of their course.