This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast growing global translations agency with offices in New York, London, and Hong Kong.
TranslateMedia is seeking a Project Manager to join our team of PMs. We are based in NYC’s Flatiron District
Our main clients are leading players in the creative, e-commerce and media sectors. We also carry out a lot of work in the Patent and Government sectors. As the company expands we are looking for somebody who has the drive to manage client accounts and co-ordinate projects of all shapes and sizes.
The successful candidate will be a confident technician, with a professional attitude to service, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Excellent communication skills are necessary along with an eye for detail, and a high level of linguistic and technological skills.
The Project Manager will report to the Production Team Manager.
The right candidate will be a project management professional with experience in translation or related technology, or a graduate of linguistics, languages or translation. Ideally the candidate will be fluent in written and spoken English plus another language, experience as a project manager in the translation and localization industry, and a technical background is desirable.
Familiarity with translation technologies and formats is preferred; Translation memory tools, .xml, InDesign, Photoshop etc.
We are looking for a candidate that is able to work autonomously, and willingness to take responsibility and instruction.
The role will involve, but is not limited to the below tasks:
- Client account setup and tailoring of translation teams specific to each account.
- Monitoring all jobs to ensure timely allocation of translators and proofreaders, using proprietary workflow and project management tools.
- Ensuring that client requirements are met rapidly and discreetly at all times, by tracking delivery schedules and ensuring the correct QA procedures are followed.
- File preparation, analysis and formatting.
- Checking and editing translations, and managing and monitoring quality control processes.
- Working in partnership with TranslateMedia project management teams in offices around the world to offer clients a seamless service.’
- Working in partnership with the Account Management and Business Development teams in identifying account growth opportunities.
What we can offer you!
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Monthly yoga mornings
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind allowance
- Commuter benefits program
- Weekly happy hour
- Salary – according to candidate experience
Only online applications via our website will be accepted.
We will not accept applications from candidates not currently residing in the US, or who require sponsorship. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States