This is an excellent opportunity to work at a fast growing global translations agency, ranked in Deloitte Fast 500 EMEA for 2010, 2011, and 2012.
With offices in New York, Austin, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Munich, and Brussels, our main clients are leading players in the creative, media, technology, retail, legal, life sciences, and financial services sectors. As the company expands we are looking for a highly motivated and seasoned sales professional to make a substantial contribution to our New York sales team.
The successful candidate will be able to generate significant revenue and commissions through aggressive outreach to executives and decision makers in selected industries. Reporting directly to the Vice President, US operations, the role includes managing a sales pipeline, as well as processing and closing sales. In addition the role includes management of the New York sales team’s activities.
- Generate new business through aggressive prospecting via your network of contacts, cold calling, LinkedIn, research, networking, and trade shows and events.
- Identify large opportunities and develop the actions necessary to win business
- Mentor, support, and manage the day to day activities of the NY business development team.
- Work with management, and the business development managers to implement sales strategies, identify opportunities, close sales, motivate the team, and spur growth
- Educate prospects on our solutions and communicate the capabilities, benefits, and competitive advantages of working with TranslateMedia
- Prepare quotes for customers and follow up to convert quotes into projects
- Evaluate and process RFPs as necessary
- Manage and control pricing and contractual issues by developing a thorough understanding of internal protocol and procedures
- Effectively communicate project specifications to Project Account Managers
- Provide customer support; manage client expectations in conjunction with the Project Account Managers
- Maintain records of prospect and customer interactions and orders in our CRM application
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Eight to ten years sales experience
- Some sales management experience
- Translation & localisation industry experience is not required but helpful
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets
- Demonstrated sales ability in every aspect of sales lifecycle
- Ideal candidate will have an established network of professionals and buyers within one or more industry sectors
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and closing skills
- Must be comfortable doing business over the phone, and be a confident and aggressive prospector
- Well-organised and detail-oriented
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation package will include an attractive base salary plus excellent commissions and bonuses. This position reports directly to the Vice President of US Operations and will work closely with the US marketing manager, sales director and Business Development Managers in other regions plus the global production team.
TranslateMedia is an award winning translations agency with offices in London, Paris, New York, Austin, Brussels, Hong Kong, and Munich. In 2010, TranslateMedia was ranked 10th in Media Momentum’s table of Top 50 Fastest Growing Digital Media companies, featured in the Tech Media Invest Top 100 ranking prepared by PwC and Kemp Little, and was came 9th in the Deloitte Fast 500 EMEA (ranked 1st in the media category).