TranslateMedia is looking for a Technology Manager to join the Operations team in London.
Reporting to the Operations Management team, this role will be to co-ordinate, communicate and closely manage technology operations. The aim of recruiting someone into this role is to enable the Operations team to move from being reactive to proactive, with better help-desk services for Production teams, and increased communication of technical changes, progress, and plans to relevant stakeholders within the business.
- Providing helpdesk services to Production team members, in the form of bug filtering and reporting, liaising with relevant members of the programming team, and carefully tracking, monitoring and informing everyone on outstanding bugs.
- Managing incoming technology development requests from all areas of the business, prioritising these with the Operations Management team, checking and producing mock-up designs for new developments using PowerPoint, and informing relevant stakeholders of progress of items.
- Checking and documenting all new technology features in TranslateMedia’s Knowledge Site, feeding back tweaks to the development team, and circulating news of new features to keep internal teams up to date.
- Provide consultation for Production team of technology setup for the client account profiles, fielding ideas that are presented, and exploring those within the Operations team.
- Providing training for relevant parts of the company on technology features.
- Front-line IT support (helping with hardware and software issues in the office)
In addition to the above, the Technology Manager will support the Operations team in the following tasks as required:
- Price list management
- Work towards ISO27001 and other certifications
- R&D and Innovation: researching new services, technologies, and processes
- Supporting the rest of the Operations team including the Office Manager, Quality Manager and Translator Liaison team
- Client consultation (with business development) on technology issues and large project implementations and management
- Ideally the successful candidate will have been a TranslateMedia Project Manager with at least one year’s experience.
- The candidate must have a good knowledge of STREAM and an interest in the technology and its uses
- The candidate must be responsive, communicative, able to talk with colleagues from all areas of the company, and have excellent organisation skills
The deadline for applications is 25th January and ideally the successful candidate will start as soon after that date as possible.
To apply please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.